Last Updated: Feb. 19, 2017
Work & residence permit for staff of a WFOE or Rep. Office in China:
1. Office Land line number (visa officer may call this number to Check)
2. Copy of qualification Document (Diploma of bachelor's)
3. Resume of Legal representative or Chief Representative [ Sample ]
4. Copy of Company's business license, Certificate of approval, organization code license or Rep. office's Registration Certificate, organization code license, - (PtC helps to prepar these documents)
5. Copy of Employment Contract
For employee's position as Assistant General Manager or General Manager of the company, the following 2 additional documents required:
a. Coy of Company's Articles of Association
b. Company shareholder list
Give the below documents 5-8 to PtC after Step 4.
6. Original Registration form of temporary residence (register with your local Police Station) [ sample ] - It's mandatory to register with the local Police Station.
7 . -Original Health Report -
(i) Shanghai: Health Report Appointment in Shanghai: Make an appointment online: http://www.sithc.com/sithcen/ or call (86-21) 6268.8851 for appointment.
(ii) Beijing: Appointment in Beijing: (010) 6427-4239 or 5864 8800): Chinese site
(iii) Shenzhen: Appointment in Luohu, Shenzhen: Web: http://www.szkah.com Chinese version only (86-755) 2593-6249 or 2557-2534
(iv) Hangzhou: Appointment in Hangzhou: (86-571) 8785-2410. Chinese website:
(v) Ningbo: (86-574) 8716-9604 Chinese website:
(vi) Guangzhou: (86-20) 8753-7322 Chinese website:
They may ask you show a business license, and bring photos etc, please ask for help from PTC, we will print out one business license.
8. Original Passport
9. Passport size Photo x 5
10. Copy of Reference letter from applicant's former employer to prove the employee has 2 years experience on the current field.
Procedures of work & residence permit application:
Step 1. Document collections and applicaiton preparation
Step 2. PtC Applies for a working license
Step 3. PtC Applies for a for a visa notice
Step4. With above 2 documents, employee has to visit HK (Note: in some cities of China, Visa authority doesn't accept employess to visit HK get a 1 month Z visa, you will have to return bakc to your home country with the VISA NOTICE to get 1 month Z visa from Chinese embassy, please double check with with PtC before heading for Hong Kong) to get a 1 month Z visa
Step 5. After back to China with the Z visa, PtC will apply for 1 year work permit
Step6. PtC applies for 1 year residence permit for the employee (Note: Due to the security reason, duing the procedure, applicant might be asked to show up once at local visa office to take a picture there.)
SERVICE FEE: RMB 2,800
GOVERNMENT FEE: RMB 1,000
In Total: RMB 3,800.
Contact Our Regional Partners in Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Ningbo, Hangzhou or Hong Kong for more details: