Last Updated: March 8, 2017
Work & residence permit for staff of a WFOE or Rep. Office in China:
Since April 1, 2017, for applicants in SHANGHAI:
1. Non-criminal record has to be authenticated by Chinese embassy.
2. Applicant must pay individual income tax in China
3. If applicant is currently living outside China, the health checkup must be completed abroad at Chinese embassy recognized health organzations.
Paying individual income tax would make great impact on working visa applicaiton since local labor bureau would require tax payment statement, fail to provide the statement might cause potential rejection by labor bureau.
1. Office Land line number (visa officer may call this number to Check)
2. Copy of qualification Document (Diploma of bachelor's)
3. Resume of Legal representative or Chief Representative [ Sample ]
4. Copy of Company's business license, Certificate of approval, organization code license or Rep. office's Registration Certificate, organization code license, - (PtC helps to prepar these documents)
5. Copy of Employment Contract
For employee's position as Assistant General Manager or General Manager of the company, the following 2 additional documents required:
a. Coy of Company's Articles of Association
b. Company shareholder list
Give the below documents 5-8 to PtC after Step 4.
6. Original Registration form of temporary residence (register with your local Police Station) [ sample ] - It's mandatory to register with the local Police Station.
7 . -Original Health Report -
(i) Shanghai: Health Report Appointment in Shanghai: Make an appointment online: http://www.sithc.com/sithcen/ or call (86-21) 6268.8851 for appointment.
(ii) Beijing: Appointment in Beijing: (010) 6427-4239 or 5864 8800): Chinese site
(iii) Shenzhen: Appointment in Luohu, Shenzhen: Web: http://www.szkah.com Chinese version only (86-755) 2593-6249 or 2557-2534
(iv) Hangzhou: Appointment in Hangzhou: (86-571) 8785-2410. Chinese website:
(v) Ningbo: (86-574) 8716-9604 Chinese website:
(vi) Guangzhou: (86-20) 8753-7322 Chinese website:
They may ask you show a business license, and bring photos etc, please ask for help from PTC, we will print out one business license.
8. Original Passport
9. Passport size Photo x 5
10. Copy of Reference letter from applicant's former employer to prove the employee has 2 years experience on the current field.
Procedures of work & residence permit application:
Step 1. Document collections and applicaiton preparation
Step 2. PtC Applies for a working license
Step 3. PtC Applies for a for a visa notice
Step4. With above 2 documents, employee has to visit HK (Note: in some cities of China, Visa authority doesn't accept employess to visit HK get a 1 month Z visa, you will have to return bakc to your home country with the VISA NOTICE to get 1 month Z visa from Chinese embassy, please double check with with PtC before heading for Hong Kong) to get a 1 month Z visa
Step 5. After back to China with the Z visa, PtC will apply for 1 year work permit
Step6. PtC applies for 1 year residence permit for the employee (Note: Due to the security reason, duing the procedure, applicant might be asked to show up once at local visa office to take a picture there.)
SERVICE FEE: RMB 2,800
GOVERNMENT FEE: RMB 1,000
In Total: RMB 3,800.
Contact Our Regional Partners in Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Ningbo, Hangzhou or Hong Kong for more details: