Last Updated: March 8, 2017
Work permit for Legal Representative or Chief Representative in China:
Shanghai, Beijing: Legal representative or Chief Representative may allowed to apply for work & residence in Shanghai and Beijing directly WHILE Some nationalities could not apply for the 1 year working visa in Shanghai, Beijing directly, they may need a Visa Notice from China first and then back to home country once to get a 30 days Z visa from Chinese embassy. Please double check with PtC offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen Hangzhou in advance.
Shenzhen, Hangzhou and may other cities of China: Legal representative or Chief Representative would need apply for a Visa Notice from China, applicant should back to home country once to get a 30 days Z visa from Chinese embassy. \
Since April 1, 2017, for applicants in SHANGHAI:
1. Non-criminal record has to be authenticated by Chinese embassy.
2. Applicant must pay individual income tax in China
3. If applicant is currently living outside China, the health checkup must be completed abroad at Chinese embassy recognized health organzations.
Paying individual income tax would make great impact on working visa applicaiton since local labor bureau would require tax payment statement, fail to provide the statement might cause potential rejection by labor bureau.
1. Office Land line number (visa officer may call this number)
2. Copy of Diploma of bachelor's (if applicable)
3. Resume of Legal representative or Chief Representative [ Sample ]
4. Copy of Company's business license, Certificate of approval, organization code license or Rep. office's Registration Certificate, organization code license, - (PtC helps to prepare these documents)
Give the below documents 5-8 to PtC after Step 4.
5. Original Registration form of temporary residence (register with your local Police Station) [ sample ] -
6. . -Original Health Report -
(i) Shanghai: Health Report Appointment in Shanghai: Make an appointment online: http://www.sithc.com/sithcen/ or call (86-21) 6268.8851 for appointment.
(ii) Beijing: Appointment in Beijing: (010) 6427-4239 or 5864 8800): Chinese site
(iii) Shenzhen: Appointment in Luohu, Shenzhen: Web: http://www.szkah.com Chinese version only (86-755) 2593-6249 or 2557-2534
(iv) Hangzhou: Appointment in Hangzhou: (86-571) 8785-2410. Chinese website:
(v) Ningbo: (86-574) 8716-9604 Chinese website:
(vi) Guangzhou: (86-20) 8753-7322 Chinese website:
They may ask you show a business license, and bring photos etc, please ask for help from PTC, we will print out one business license.
7. Original Passport
8. Passport size Photo x 5
Step 1. Document collections and applicaiton preparation
Step 2. PtC Applies for a working license
Step 3. PtC Applies for a for a visa notice
Step 4. With the above 2 documents, some applicants could apply for 1 year work and residence permit directly in China while some has to back to home country (or visit Hong Kong) once to get a 30 days Z visa. The policy may change from time to time, please check with your PtC agent about the latest information.
Step 5. After back to China with the Z visa, PtC will apply for 1 year work permit
Step6. PtC applies for 1 year residence permit
Service Fee: RMB 2,800
Government fee: RMB 1,000
Intotal: RMB 3,800
Contact Our Regional Partners in Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Ningbo, Hangzhou or Hong Kong for more details: