Where Your China Business Starts, Company Registration Services in China since 1999.Your Path To China

Procedures for Work & Residence Permit Applications

Last Updated: March 8, 2017

Work permit for Legal Representative or Chief Representative in China:



Shanghai, Beijing: Legal representative or Chief Representative may allowed to apply for work & residence in Shanghai and Beijing directly WHILE Some nationalities could not apply for the 1 year working visa in Shanghai, Beijing directly, they may need a Visa Notice from China first and then back to home country once to get a 30 days Z visa from Chinese embassy. Please double check with PtC offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen Hangzhou in advance.

Shenzhen, Hangzhou and may other cities of China: Legal representative or Chief Representative would need apply for a Visa Notice from China, applicant should back to home country once to get a 30 days Z visa from Chinese embassy. \

Since April 1, 2017, for applicants in SHANGHAI:

1. Non-criminal record has to be authenticated by Chinese embassy.

2. Applicant must pay individual income tax in China

3. If applicant is currently living outside China, the health checkup must be completed abroad at Chinese embassy recognized health organzations.

Paying individual income tax would make great impact on working visa applicaiton since local labor bureau would require tax payment statement, fail to provide the statement might cause potential rejection by labor bureau.

Documents Required:

1. Office Land line number (visa officer may call this number)

2. Copy of Diploma of bachelor's (if applicable)

3. Resume of Legal representative or Chief Representative [ Sample ]

4. Copy of Company's business license, Certificate of approval, organization code license or Rep. office's Registration Certificate, organization code license, - (PtC helps to prepare these documents)

Give the below documents 5-8 to PtC after Step 4.

5. Original Registration form of temporary residence (register with your local Police Station) [ sample ] -

6. . -Original Health Report -

(i) Shanghai: Health Report Appointment in Shanghai: Make an appointment online: http://www.sithc.com/sithcen/ or call (86-21) 6268.8851 for appointment.

(ii) Beijing: Appointment in Beijing: (010) 6427-4239 or 5864 8800): Chinese site

(iii) Shenzhen: Appointment in Luohu, Shenzhen: Web: http://www.szkah.com Chinese version only (86-755) 2593-6249 or 2557-2534

(iv) Hangzhou: Appointment in Hangzhou: (86-571) 8785-2410. Chinese website:

(v) Ningbo: (86-574) 8716-9604 Chinese website:

(vi) Guangzhou: (86-20) 8753-7322 Chinese website:

They may ask you show a business license, and bring photos etc, please ask for help from PTC, we will print out one business license.

7. Original Passport

8. Passport size Photo x 5



Step 1. Document collections and applicaiton preparation

Step 2. PtC Applies for a working license

Step 3. PtC Applies for a for a visa notice

Step 4. With the above 2 documents, some applicants could apply for 1 year work and residence permit directly in China while some has to back to home country (or visit Hong Kong) once to get a 30 days Z visa. The policy may change from time to time, please check with your PtC agent about the latest information.

Step 5. After back to China with the Z visa, PtC will apply for 1 year work permit

Step6. PtC applies for 1 year residence permit


Service Fee: RMB 2,800

Government fee: RMB 1,000

Intotal: RMB 3,800

Contact Our Regional Partners in Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Ningbo, Hangzhou or Hong Kong for more details:

Office Time: Monday To Friday 0930AM-1730PM (GMT+8)

Beijing & Northern China Office:
-Request For Proposal-
E-mail: gifty@pathtochina.com or [Request For Proposal]
5/F CBD International Mansion, 16 Yong'An Dong Li, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100022[-MAP-]
Tel: (86-10) 5166.4212 GMT+8 (English and Mandarin)
Tel: (86-10) 6563.7624
Regional Manager: Ms. Gifty Jia

Shanghai & Eastern China Office:
-Request For Proposal-
E-mail: wendy@pathtochina.com[or Request For Proposal]
1038 West Nanjing Road, Suite 2508, 25 Floor, Westgate Tower, Shanghai 200040, China [-MAP-]
Tel: (86-21) 5108.8535 (English and Mandarin)
Regional Manager: Ms. Wendy Wang; Nancy Liu

Ningbo Office:
-Request For Proposal-
E-mail: info@pathtochina.com [or Request For Proposal]
396 KaiMing Street, Suite 1420, Haishu, Ningbo, 315010
Regional Consultant: Mr. Dean Dong
Tel: (86 574) 8716.4655 GMT+8 ( English and Mandarin)

Hangzhou Office:

E-mail: nancy.liu@pathtochina.com [or Request For Proposal]
Hangzhou Liaison Office:
No. 2, 1785 Jianghan Rd.(by Binsheng Rd.), Binjiang District, Hangzhou 310051, China
Regional Consultant: Ms. Nancy Liu
Tel: (86) 139.1772.5080 GMT+8 ( English and Mandarin)

Shenzhen & Southern China Office:
-Request For Proposal-
E-mail: emily.lin@pathtochina.com [or Request For Proposal]
6009 Yi Tian Road, Suite 2306, New World Tower,Shenzhen 518035
Tel: (86-755) 6128.6800 GMT+8 (English and Mandarin)
Regional Consultant: Ms. Emily Lin

Guangzhou Office:
161 West Lin He Rd., 23F, Tower A, Center Plaza, Guangzhou, 510620
-Request For Proposal-
Tel: (86.20) 6113.5690 GMT+8

Hong Kong Office:
-Request For Proposal-
E-mail: simon@pathtochina.com [or Request For Proposal]
Suite 1701, HeNan Building, 92 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong[-MAP-]
Tel: (852) 6877.8862 GMT+8 (English)
Regional Partner: Simon Lee

Rest Cities of China: Chengdu, Chongqing, Tianjin, Wuhan, Suzhou, Xi'an etc.
-Request For Proposal-
E-mail: info@pathtochina.com
[Click for more details...]

Public Holidays of 2017 in China: Jan. 1-2, Jan.27-Feb.2, Apr.2-4, May 1,May 29-30, October 1-8

©1999-2017 PtC 18 years in China | Privacy Policy | Legal Warnings | Chinese GB Big5