Last Updated: Jan. 3, 2017
Information provided below will guide you to:
Below is the documentation of foreign Representative Office establishment in China, Item (1)-(6) should be prepared and certified by Chinese embassy before arriving in China:
Since January 15, 2010: According to State Administration of Industry and Commerce's file: Gong Shang Wai Qi  No.4, To set up a Foreign Representative office in China: PARENT COMPANY must be established for more than 2 years:
(2)1x Copy of Articles of Association certified by Chinese embassy or Chinese consulate overseas
(3) 1x Letter of authorization from parent company's director (with Name and passport number) to authorize someone in China to sign the documents, certified by Chinese embassy or Chinese consulate overseas. - Path To China has the template.
of Authorized Signatory: Parent company's director (with Name and passport
number) is the authorized signatory of that said company. This Letter
of Authorized Signatory has to be certified by Chinese embassy/consulate.
(5) 1x Passport copy of proposed China Chief Representative and other Representative(s) certified by Chinese embassy or Chinese consulate overseas.
(6) 1x Appointment letter of China Chief Representative and other Representative(s) certified by Chinese embassy or Chinese consulate overseas.
(8) A brief summary of the operations of parent company and the China Representative office [-Form-]
(9) China Chief Representative documents: resume [-Sample-] ; 6 photos [2 inch size] ; passport copy.
(10) If there are Representatives to be stationed in China in addition to the Chief Representative, the resume, 2 pictures and passport copy of Representative(s) are required;
(11) Documents provided by landlord of office in China: 2x original leasing contracts [ Sample ] of the office premise to be used by the Representative Office (lease term should be at least 12 months); 2x certificate of real estate ownership [ Sample ], and 2x landlord identification [ Individual, Company ]
Please note that the State Administration of Industry and Commerce (SAIC) announced (January 15, 2010) that the parent company MUST be established for more than 2 years (Gong Shang Wai Qi  No.4).
The policy that Rep. office should be in Grade A building has been cancelled since March 1, 2011.
Before commencement of registration procedures stated in Sections B and C stated below, all the documents and information listed above must be ready.
B. Registration Procedure
The first step is to apply for registration with the local Administration for Industry and Commerce in Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Hangzhou or any other cities. Once the application is approved and the Business Registration Licence issued, the post-registration procedures listed in Section C need to be performed.
C. Post establishment Registration Procedures
Upon issuance of the Registration Certificate, we will then perform the post-establishment registration procedures, including:
More information about Rep. Office:
Contact Our Regional Partners in Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Ningbo, Hangzhou or Hong Kong for more details: